Our range of wines is very wide, from very young Dry Furmint to very complex Tokaji Aszú sweet wines. They can largely follow an entire meal. The chefs love it. Alain Senderens, a Parisian chef, used to say : “Wine is part of the plate. The richer and more complex is the wine, the most interesting and playful it is for the chef.”
How to drink our Botrytis Free wines ?
DRY FURMINT BIRTOK AND DŰLŐ
– Play the game ! We suggest you to taste all the wines next to the other and to compare the different terroirs (dűlő). You can also serve finger food, tapas, raw fish or grilled fish during the tasting.
– Drink & Eat. Our Botrytis Free are great to pair with appetizers, shells, shellfish, grilled fish, grilled meat, mushrooms, sausage, smoked trout, smoked fish, goat cheese and fresh cheese.
How to drink our Botrytis wines ?
Thanks to the magic botrytis, Tokaj offers exceptional aging wines. Not less than two years in Hungarian Oak barrels are necessary to give to our wines their complexity but they often stay three or four years. The Botrytis wines stay up to six years in this barrels. Tokaj is build on two levels : the vineyard on the ground floor, the cellars on the basement where the atmosphere is smooth, cool, humid and well balanced to age the wines.
TOKAJI DRY SZAMORODNI
– Drink & Eat. The nose is full of nutty aromas, dried fruits, close to a Vin Jaune from Jura. The mouth is very dry, fresh with a huge finish and slightly bitter note in the end. Very similar to the Spanish Xeres or the French Vin Jaune. Serve it on a poularde with wild mushrooms, Comté cheese, paprika grilled fish, spicy meals.
TOKAJI SWEET SZAMORODNI
– Drink & Eat. It’s a light and very good balanced wine, already very complex and typical from Tokaj, huge length and smoothness. Try it with dried fruits, raisins, almonds, nuts, walnuts, dates and dried apricots… Little toasts with blue cheese. Spicy entries, ginger… With starters like fresh melon and goose liver. With desserts like Lemon tart, cheese cake, apple pie, fruit salad…
TOKAJI ASZÚ 5 PUTTONYOS
– Drink & Eat. The Aszú 5 puttonyos is a very sweet wine, very special, very unique. It is important to choose the best dish or the best occasion to appreciate it, like the Afternoon « Tea » with pancakes, by the fireside after a long walk. If you choose it for diner or lunch, it should be served right in the middle : rouget in sauce (déglacé with Tokaji Aszú and honey), lobster with mushrooms and dried fruits, game, roast duck with orange and ginger, spicy dishes.
The Aszú 5 puttonyos may be the most beautiful wine on a dessert. Quince, apricots, nuts, mandarin, orange are the basic ingredients that love Aszú… A Hungarian Gerbeaud, for example. Desserts that have been specially prepared for it. The superb acidity gives a perfect balance to the dessert and offers the apotheosis of a complete meal.